"To provide specific manufacturing and service functions to all areas of Government, and in a limited capacity to the private sector, that are efficient and demonstrate the required return on investment."
The Manufacturing & Services Directorate is made up of the following sections:
• The Metal Trades Section;
• The Carpentry Section;
• The Plumbing Section;
• The Electrical Section;
• The Lifts Section;
• The Air conditioners Section;
• The Vehicles & Plant Section;
• The Administration Section.
Apart from these sections, the Directorate has one Co-Operative within its fold, namely:
• The Traffic Signs Co-Operative (KOPTASIN)
This co-operative offers all types of services related with road and traffic signs. It is made up of skilled employees in their trade, which is a guarantee for a high quality and genuine service.
Other benefits consist of:
• an excellent after-sales service, where necessary;
• less bureaucracy;
• adequate target finish dates;
• third party insurance;
• highly competitive prices.
When using these services, the client would be contributing to motivate government employees by showing his trust, would contribute for the creation of more cooperatives within the public sector, would help the restructuring necessary in the public sector and would help reduce costs.