"To provide Waste Management Services to Central Government and Local Councils, particularly Public Cleansing, in order to keep urban and non-urban areas free from litter and illegally dumped waste, thus enhancing the environment."
· Skart goff mormi b’mod illegali
· Skart miġbur taħt bankini f’toroq arterjali
· Ħsarat f’latrini pubblici
· Annimali mejta fit- toroq arterjali
· Tip ta’ skart ieħor f’postijiet pubblici
· Skart mormi fuq il-bajjiet
Freephone 8007 6608
Direttorat għat- Tindif, Qasam Industrijali, Kordin
Tel: 22921300 Fax: 22921331
L-immaniġjar ta’ l-iskart hi responsabilta ta’ kulħadd!
The environment is the common heritage of present and future generations and should be conserved and protected. The purpose of the Cleansing Services Directorate is to promote an environment free from refuse, rubbish, debris, litter, dirt or any other form of abandoned waste.
The prevention of littering is based on getting the potential offender to place his unwanted items in a suitable receptacle so that later on it will be disposed off in a proper manner. In other words we are to have the generation of waste managed in a safe and sustainable manner. A number of waste management services are being provided to the producers of waste.
On many occasions the potential polluter is not utilizing these services properly. A proper educational, legal, financial and institutional framework with respect to environment awareness, waste minimisation, recycling, at-source separation of waste and proper disposal is being created. The Cleansing Services Directorate is in the forefront in such a framework.
• The provision of street sweeping services of urban roads.
• The collection of bulky waste from households.
• The removal of accumulated waste in urban and non-urban roads.
• The removal of carcasses from main roads.
• The upkeep and manning of public conveniences.
• The upkeep and cleaning of water culverts in arterial roads.
• The maintenance and cleansing of water reservoirs.