Ta’ Liesse Church
The Notre Dame De Liesse church at Valletta was built between 1737 and 1740 after the design of Architect Andrea Belli and under the supervision of the capo maestro Clement Zahra. The church suffered extensive damage during an air-raid in World War Two and consequently its façade was partially reconstructed.
Restoration works at Ta’ Liesse church included the replacement of a highly deteriorated concrete ceiling in the sacristy, the repair of the dome and lantern to prevent further ingress of rain water, the restoration of the belfry and façade. Bronze aluminium apertures found on the lantern of the church were replaced with timber apertures.
Date of commencement: November 2007
Date of completion: July 2009